Your work journal must also include a 1200 word essay includes academic research into the underlying themes of your main assignment This could be theoretical assessment of the visual language in your photographs or it could be an essay into a social or media theme that relates to your photographs or the publication you’re aiming at.
Develop an argument about the idea
- Theatricality in photography
- Nudity in fashion photography
- Femininity and masculinity in pop culture
- Ambiguity and visual language
How to include and argument
Your essay should have a clear statement of the argument – known as a thesis statement. This should come at the end of the introductory paragraph
- This sentence can then drive the essay
- Guide the reader about what is going to be argued
- Focus the writer on what must be argued and supported
- The rest of the essay will develop the argument with reasons and examples
- The test for including any information should be…
- does this contribute to the development of the thesis statement or not?
- In essay writing it is not so much what os argued but the clarity and the quality of the argument which counts.
How would we write this essay?
Introduction – subject and argument.
state your idea and your argument about the idea.
Definitions – Theory.
state what academic research you will be referring to when considering your argument.
Debate the argument in the light of the academic theory.
Return to your art direction assignment and pick one of the ideas that you thought about when developing your storyboard.
write 100 word introduction