I have decided to live blog the ‘Thought Bubble Festival‘
‘The Thought Bubble Festival is the UK’s largest event of its kind – an annual celebration of sequential art in all its forms, including everything from comics to animation, and beyond. We run a programme of friendly, welcoming events each year, designed to be as accessible to the general public as possible.”
I intend to interview members of the public who have also attended as well as short interviews with the guest artists.
I will limit the equipment i will use to the following:
- iPhone, for short text updates, audio recording and images (I can also use as a portable wifi hotspot to connect other devices to)
- iPad for longer text updates
- Canon 550D for better quality images and video/interview recording
I do not want to be carrying a large amount of equipment with me so I will only take what is completely necessary so I can move around freely and quickly.
As for uploading images I have a camera connection kit that I can connect my DSLR to my iPad.
Here is a map of the location of the festival (click to enlarge)
I have chosen the Royal Armories hall venue as it is the easiest to get to and I am familiar with the area.
- 10:0 am –5:00 pm
- 17th – 18th Novemver 2012
I shall purchass a ticket for the second day of the convention from the following link
- I can get a bus 5 minutes walk from my house to Leeds Bus Station, then its a 15 minute walk to The Royal Armouries.